We are looking for an operations engineer who is able to collaborate across multiple functional and operational teams to establish and improve our processes. The engineer will design factory layouts, workstations, material flow and will diagnose processes, identify improvement opportunities, prescribe improvement strategies and guide the improvement effort. This position requires a candidate with the proven ability to facilitate and guide the application of continuous improvement methods with impeccable quality levels in an organization with explosive growth.
- Manage high-visibility projects and tasks while effectively influencing, negotiating, and communicating with stakeholders to generate cost-effective solutions in support of business objectives.
- Perform industrial engineering activities that includes but not limited to time studies, determining capacity and productivity numbers, and line balancing.
- Implement engineering solutions to complex material processing efficiency problems.
- Lead design and execution efforts between internal teams and outside vendors to determine equipment specifications, material flow, process design, and site layout.
- Conduct ergonomic assessments and provide evaluation reports.
- Identify and lead process improvement and cost saving initiatives in support of operations teams globally.
- Support in ERP implementation by validating system designs with actual processes, change existing process based on new systems, support with testing, training and documentation.
- Coordinate design and innovation efforts to develop standardized process and collaborate with Safety, Maintenance, and Operations for site implementation.
- Use of CAD based software for review of Material Handling Equipment, building layout and material flow.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding our business, our projects, and opportunities to improve the outcomes of our largest strategic projects and programs.
- This position will require domestic and international travel as necessary, up to 20%
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations, or related field.
- Experience with Office products: Excel, Project and Outlook
- Experience deploying transactional lean, manufacturing lean, and variation reduction methodologies
- Expert knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques preferred
- Experience with CAD software (AutoCAD or similar tools)
- 3+ years of experience as a project engineer, process engineer, project manager, manufacturing engineer, or related occupation
- 3+ years’ experience directly managing and responsible for multiple large projects
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Internet Publishing
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A